A message from Pierre LaVoie, Director of Strategic Partnerships:
I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your partnership with SBAM over the last year. The last 12 months or so were a tremendous time for SBAM and our joint members companies. As we look back, an important theme emerged that we want to share. The growth of SBAM’s membership and strategic partnership program fueled a more influential and impactful small business climate here in Michigan. Since January 2011, SBAM’s membership has increased by 28 percent. This dramatic growth has created greater value for all SBAM members and is proof positive that our mission of supporting small businesses through an active and connected community is working. We could not have been this successful on behalf of small business without our 34 Strategic partnerships across Michigan. Thank you for your support and we look forward to renewing our partnership in 2012.
• Over 3,500 new companies joined SBAM, bringing our total membership over 13,000 small businesses
• 34 different local chambers of commerce and business associations engaged SBAM through our Strategic Partnership program
• Hosted a record 550 attendees at our June Annual Meeting featuring Governor Snyder
• Reached new levels of participation in our employee benefits programs, which now serve over 4,500 companies and 75,000 employees and dependents
• Small Biz PAC benefited from its highest level of participation ever
Difference Making Influence:
• Led the effort to kill the MBT and end double taxation of small business owners
• Voted 2nd most influential lobbying organization, most influential for small business owners
• Fought and won needed reforms to Michigan’s Workers Compensation Program and Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund
• Former Chairs of SBAM’s Board recognized and honored by the National Small Business Association
Impact for Small Business:
• Presented seminars on Economic Gardening to hundreds of local economic developers and organizations
• Launched Michigan’s Economic Gardening Pilot program, serving 54 growing companies which features 22 SBAM members
• Partnered with Google and Crain’s Detroit Business on new member events designed to help companies grow
• Received industry awards for our email communication and membership programs
• Released new audio seminar series via SBAM.org
• Announced new membership benefits from NuWave Technology Partners, Accident Fund, MessageMakers and Midwest Transaction Group
Again, thank you for your continued partnership. We hope you see the value of our work on your behalf in Lansing and across the state. Please contact me at email@example.com with questions or to share local story of success with our team.
Have a great 2012!